iNTERNATIONALIZATION IS A PHILOSOPHY,
INTERNATIONALIZATION OF EDUCATION CHANGES THE WORLD FOR A BETTER
Today we start our summit with the the IROs Forum Council meeting. Did you know that the last IROsF “live” meeting was held 547 days ago, which is 1 year, 5 months and 29 days. Five days after our meeting in March 2020 The World Health Organization announced the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The pandemic did not stop our activities, on the contrary – plenty was happening despite the fact that it was online.
Only in 2021 there were:
- 7 meetings of IROsF members,
- we organized 3 Coffees with IROsF (FRSE, CRASP The Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland , MEiN),
- we participated in the meetings of the Committee for International Cooperation KRASP and the Comittee of “Stars of Internationalization” – Perspektywy Foundation;
- we participated in 3 sessions of the conference “Foreign students in Poland 2021”.
- Admission Officers and EWP working groups met 6 times,
- we partnered 4 international conferences,
- prepared a publication with NAWA Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange
- recorded a KRASP podcast with “PRom”
- we accepted 2 new members: Poznan University of Technology and Bialystok University of Technology.
We will summarize all these on-line events face-to face 😊 in the coming days in Krakow, but mainly we will talk about new plans, challenges and good practices during the pandemic.
As you can see, the time of the pandemic did not weaken international cooperation and our activities, but we have already missed each other a great deal and we look forward to our time together at AGH UST.